Almost everyone wants to be healthier and more financially secure. Much of the advice you see is either unsupported or difficult to implement. Here are 5 areas confirmed by virtually all research to be positive, beneficial additions to your life that you can easily embrace right now. It’s worth noting that health always improves your base from which you can work towards financial success and the reverse isn’t often true.
- Start your day at 5:30 am. The statistics are undeniable. This is the right decision. Furthermore, no research supports the common “I’m a night person” statement. Unfortunately, saying “get up early” is as effective as saying, “get a job”. So here’s how to actually do it.
- Step 1: Figure out your personal motivating factors
- Step 2: Visualize value you’ll receive like success & health
- Step 3: Visualize the negatives of late rising like grogginess, running late, wasteful mornings and missed opportunities
- Step 4: Tell friends and family, share this article, and tell them you are committed to this change. This will help your guilt factor. You could also commit to Soul Cycle or another cultish early morning group class.
- Step 5: Practice now (or next time you’re home) by getting in bed with your alarm set for 3 minutes later. Gently but immediately get out of bed. Do this 5-10 times. Seriously. Don’t skip this last step.